HEB Organics Coconut Palm Sugar - Chocolate Chip Cookies

 

     


Made a batch of Coconut Palm Sugar chocolate chip cookies from the back of the bag.  I was intrigued by the flavor of the coconut sugar and decided to try to make the cookies to see how they would turn out.



Got all the ingredients laid out on a cutting board so they are measured and easy to access.  It actually turned out quite nice looking and made things easier to grab as if it was a cooking show.  The salt and baking soda are in the same glass and I do not have the 1/2 tsp of water pictured.  Lastly, the coconut oil was not soften but instead a bit clumped.  I was a bit scared that this would mess up the cookies but as you will see later it didnt turn out too bad!

Step 1: (the mix looks a little chunky from the coconut oil pieces that I could not flatten out)



Step 2:
Step 3:
The large white chunks are the large pieces of coconut oil that I could not flatten :)


Final product! (I stupidly forgot to take a picture of all the cookies completed on the tray but I have a picture of an open cookie to make up for it)


This was a surprising good recipe!  The coconut sugar itself has a very distinct flavor that I would probably not want to eat again but the flavor of the cookies are overpowered with chocolate from the chips.  The cookies were moist and soft even after a couple of days and smelled great!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEB Almond Flour Brownies